2008-04-18

A-Glow-Glow (exhibition during 11-20 April 2008)

From the SCMP's website, an introduction about the recent interactive media arts exhibition, called "A-Glow-Glow", interested me. There are 2 award winning multimedia installations at the back of the Hong Kong Museum of Arts in Tsim Sha Tsui featuring United Visual Artists from UK. Without hesitation, I went to see it on Wed.


On arrival, the crowd was smaller than expected. Well, I believed it was typical HongKongers' behaviour to go either at the beginning while it was hot or to go at the final day before closure.
Columns of LED lights sitting on a platform changed colour and ran with different patterns at preset time intervals. Audience was allowed to wonder around the columns to experience how the infra red sensor detected the motions and responded by changing the LED lights moving pattern. It was great in terms of visuals but not as spectacular as advertised due to small scale.

The second installation was an irregular shape dome with sensors that detect wireless signals such as blue tooth. As instructed by the staff there, I walked inside and turned on my mobile phone's blue tooth waiting for the system to find me. After a long wait, my mobile received a question asking whether I accept a picture. Upon confirmation, my mobile received a picture and at the same time, the background music of the dome changed. That's it? No wonder there was hardly a crowd.
Overall, it was not bad. I was glad to see different forms of art from another country to display in HK. Definitely it was an eye opening experience for me and many others.
More pictures below from the SCMP website :

0 個意見:

張貼留言

訂閱 張貼留言 [Atom]

<< 首頁