2009-03-14

Hiking at HK Trail Section 8 (2009-3-14)

This Mon, from the weather forecast, excitedly I found the rainy cloudy foggy weather would finally take a break during the weekend. The sun would come out in a clear sky for a couple of days before it went back to misty again next week.

Without hesitation, I decided to go ahead with the hiking plan for my colleagues which I conceived for quite some time. The date was fixed - this Sat. A sunny weather could make the whole lot of difference for a hiking experience. One of my colleagues, never hiked in HK. I really liked him to have a good first impression.

The day before, I did all necessary preparation and slept early. Unluckily, my stomach ache woke me up at 3:00am, followed by vomiting and diarrhoea. Looking out of the window, it was very cold and windy outside. The sky was red as if the rain was going to pour soon. I struggled - should I cancel the hiking? After a long hour, the alarm went off. When I opened my eyes, it was a completely different world - sunshine and blue sky. Praise to God! He did not disappoint me. How could I disappoint my colleagues? Though weak and tired, I went anyway.

I planned a 2-hour journey. The route was a shorter version of HK Trail Section 8:
from "Tai Tam Gap Correctional Institute", through "Dragon's Back", to "To Tei Wan".
(I skipped the steep hill from Big Wave Bay to Tai Tam Gap Correctional Institute )
We assembled at the Chai Wan MTR Station Exit B and took a taxi to the starting point. The weather was perfect! Other hikers were already there. We were all in high spirit.
In the first 30 mins, it was mostly a bush walk. One of my colleagues originally intended to bring along her father. Fortunately, she did not. It was quite rough and rocky at some part of the trail.
My colleagues liked to talk and joke. It really amazed me they somehow could manage not to trip over while talking and laughing all along.

As we approached to the ridge top, the scenic view of Tai Tam Harbour came into our eyes.
The residential area along the waterfront was Red Hill Peninsula.
On the other side of the ridge, it was Big Wave Bay and a golf course.
The Big Wave Bay looked so pretty under the sun.
I did think it was a great idea to describe the ridge as Dragon's Back.
The golf course looked closer as we went down hill.
The Shek O beach was absolutely gorgeous in sunny weather.
I just could not help taking a few more pictures of Tai Tam Harbour before we arrived the finishing point.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Gladly, the group completed the journey without any short of breath. Some of them initially struggled to come but lastly were thankful to be there enjoying the fresh air and beautiful & warm sunshine.
Getting back to urban area was easy. We took Bus No.9 to Shau Kei Wan MTR, then rewarded ourselves with a delicious lunch in a Chinese restaurant.

0 個意見:

張貼留言

訂閱 張貼留言 [Atom]

<< 首頁